Friday, January 29, 2010

......why?

today one of my students asked me a question.

they were coloring their pictures...and i was sitting there waiting for them to finish.

the class was totally silent...
suddenly Aleksis asked me, "Teacher,....why did you want to become a teacher?"
i was surprised by it..... but it made me think...and at that moment, i didn't really know how to answer him.

and all the others were waiting for me to answer too....

and he continued... "....why didn't you become a business woman or....a coach or swimming teacher or something??"

=.= *speechless....*

so i just told him "because i like to teach kids like you..."

then they all started talking at once...... =X so i couldn't really hear what they were saying.

but Ming-Ming said to me "teacher, i wish you were a nurse...then you can help people everyday."

i was like.... HUH?????? so random la man.

anyway.......after their discussion about what they thought i should have chosen as my career (yes, these kids have alot of opinions), i was dumbfounded. but it made ME think again.....
WHY did i want to become a teacher???????
all the headaches...and all the naughty students....and the shouting...
but then.......i love it. i feel so happy to see them everyday. i feel glad to see them get 100% on their tests.. and i love it when their faces light up when they did something for the first time.....or saw something for the first time.


=)

still praying to get accepted into the university!! God please open the door.

1 comment:

LaiNe said...

You've just inspired me, Sa :) I'll be starting work on Monday fulltime so that makes two of us. Which Uni did you apply for? Hope it works out one way or another. Keep on trusting in Him.